Friday, July 27, 2012

Pisa Bread

This one isn't going to be very useful to anyone but me, unless you happen to have a Regal Kitchen Pro Breadmaker model K6725.

See how I just made that google possible? If you have one of these ancient machines, welcome to the club.

I didn't create this recipe. It came with the used bread maker that was given to me for free. I'm sure I'll lose the darn booklet, so I'm going to write out the recipes that I like or try.

Regal Kitchen Pro Breadmaker #K6725


The only change I made was using grated Romano cheese instead of Parmesan. Oh, and onion powder instead of onion flakes.

I call this stuff "Pisa Bread", because it seemed a bit structurally unsound. All of the cheese sort of lumped together funny in places too. I may not have grated it finely enough to be reasonable for this recipe.

Tastes wonderful, but didn't work out exactly right.


Pisa Bread

9-11 ounces water
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 1/2 cups bread flour
1/4 cup Romano Cheese (or Parmesan)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons dried onion powder (or flakes)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons active dry yeast

The important thing that I didn't do was use ingredients that were room temperature. That made the yeast act weird, so don't do that.

I also didn't wait for the bread to cool all the way, and I didn't have a proper bread knife. So, I was sort of doomed.

With this breadmaker, you add liquids and salt first.
Then you add dry ingredients.
Then you make a little well on top and add yeast.

Select the French setting, select medium crust, and press start.

When the timer blinks zeros, stop the machine and take the bread out right away.

For those that want to adapt this recipe and have talent, I'll tell you that this makes a 1 1/2 to 2lb loaf, and the French setting makes the whole thing last about 3 hours and 50 minutes from start to finish.

~ Patty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment