Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Baked Zucchini, Yellow Squash, and Purple Potatoes

I sort of winged it, and it turned out decent. The potatoes would have been better if they were cooked for a bit longer though, so I'd tweak that somehow if you decide to do this at home.

Recipe:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Take (something like) three yellow squash, four zucchinis, and four small purple potatoes and wash and peel them. Cut them up into small pieces, and put all of the pieces in a large mixing bowl.
  3.  Add olive oil (~2tbsp), garlic powder (~2 tsp), salt (~2 tsp), pepper (~2 tsp), chili powder (~ 1/2 tsp), oregano (~2 tbsp), parsley (~1 tbsp), and a splash of Worcestershire sauce. You're going to have to trust your gut on all of these, and add what seems right to you. I can tell you that I did something like this, and it ended up SPICY and PEPPERY.
  4. Use your hands to sort of distribute the spices and oil all over the veggies.
  5. Coat a roasting pan with olive oil, and pour the veggies into it.
  6. Cook about 25 minutes
Verdict:  
This was super tasty to me, and to my husband! It was mega spicy and peppery though, and I would probably cut the pepper back in the future. Nobody else wanted any part of this dish. It smelled wonderful. I liked eating it with cheese and bread crumbs sprinkled on top, and think I might make a casserole like that in the future. The purple potatoes definitely needed more time, and I think in the future I may want to give them a head start somehow.

Plain

With Sprinkles!

~Patty

2 comments:

  1. If you boil the potatoes first, so they are almost done (still firm, but fork-tender) everything should cook evenly. I sometimes do this with casseroles.

    ReplyDelete