Sunday, June 23, 2013

Radish Greens with Sauteed Radishes

Recipe:
About 2lbs radishes
2 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 garlic clove (minced)
2 tablespoons red onion (chopped)
black pepper (to taste)

Wash radishes. Do I even have to say this?

I used organic french breakfast radishes from the garden, and I cut them into quarters. I cut them lengthwise first, and then chopped those sections in half.

I chopped the greens up fairly coarsely. They were prickly and unpleasant to touch, so watch it!

Heat the butter in a 12 inch skillet. I had my heat at "3", but your mileage will vary.

When the butter is heated up and the foam is almost gone, add the salt. Stir.

Add the greens and the radishes together. Dump in the garlic, onion, and pepper.

Stir while the greens wilt and the onions go transparent.

Serve. :)

If you like your radishes cooked a bit more, then you can cook them separately for a bit longer. When they are the right texture, you can add the greens. If you are particular about your onions/garlic, you can remove the greens and then saute those seperate and add them in later.


 Verdict:
I thought that this one was going to be a flop, but it was delicious! My husband ate half of it right away. I'd definitely do this again.


Radishes straight from the garden. YUM YUM! These are French Breakfast.

Wash them until they are pretty.


End result.




No comments:

Post a Comment